Thursday 29 November 2012

Merry Monday #43

This weeks Merry Monday challenge at Always Playing With Paper is their last one of the year so I really wanted to play along. I've been so busy making Christmas tags and Wine Bottle Hangers I haven't participated in many challenges lately. Below is the sketch followed by my take on it.


I went with turquoise, red and snowflakes - all of which make me happy.


The three stacked snowflakes were cut using dies by MFT (My Favorite Things) - they cut SO nicely! Then I dabbed the centers with blue glitter glue for some seasonal sparkle. I stamped the Merry Christmas (Stampin' Up) on a scrap of white card stock, then cut it out with a MFT banner die. Since the die only notches one end, I re-inserted the strip back in the die and ran it through the Big Shot again to get a matching notch on the other end.



I have to get my cards addressed and in the mail soon - usually they are ready to go by December 1st!

Thanks for stopping by today.





7 comments:

  1. alltime you have so nice ideas!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Karen, I love the soft colours you used. Your snowflakes are darling. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love all the dimension in the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this card is so pretty with your adorable snowflakes! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Karen, these snowflakes are fabulous and so pretty against the softly snowing background! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRETTY! Love those snowflakes Karen! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, especially like the snowflakes Karen. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen