Monday 11 July 2011

Sunshine Card


Here is another card made using pieces from my "Odds and Sods" pile. I had Cricut cut a sun for a different project, and figured since I was cutting anyhow to cut 4 of them. So three of them sat in my pile.  The white leaf embossed panel was also in the pile. I had brought home a new embossing folder and of course had to try it right away. I didn't want to just toss the test piece, so ... into the "Odds and Sods" pile it went.  

Considering I don't usually work with yellow, I was happy with how this card turned out! 

I inked the edges of the sun, stamped a background image on the center portion then popped it up with foam tape.  The word stamp is by Hero Arts (I believe).  I don't usually put words on the front of my cards, but notice that I have been on the last couple of cards. Strange!
I have an idea for one of the other challenges, so maybe will get to that later today. Meanwhile, the rain has stopped and I am going to walk the dogs in the sunshine.

Our DD and boyfriend went on a hike this weekend with Gregg and Jasper. I stayed back at the cabin so I could clean. Really! I vacuumed and shook out rugs and dog beds -- things that are really REALLY hard to do with a 'helpful' Sheltie.  I think it worked out great for all of us, and then I got to enjoy the pictures afterwards.
Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen