Friday 22 July 2011

60th Anniversary Card

My parents asked me to make them a 60th Anniversary card for friends of theirs, and I wanted to make a really special one. Not only is an 60th wedding anniversary special ... but these are really special people and have been friends of my parents for a very long time.

This is another one of those cards that looks WAAAAAY better in real life. The whole thing is pearlized! It's an (almost) 6" square card made out of ivory pearl linen card stock. I also used a silver pearl card stock, and the green/silver patterned paper and green patterned pearl paper are both from DCWV.

I used Kate's ABC's to Cricut cut the numbers out of silver pearl card stock, and a little Spellbinders die for the hearts. The Top Note die is by Stampin' Up.

I  used LOTS of foam tape on this one, since it will be hand delivered. Also small pearls.

I find that often these top fold cards don't stand up on their own very well. Since this is such a large card, I was able to cut an easel back (Tim Holtz die) from the same ivory pearl linen card stock as the card base. That way it can be displayed on a table or mantle without collapsing.  Don't I love to find uses for a die like this?  :-)

I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the bottom of the cream square envelope, and it added a really nice finishing touch. I'm so happy with this card!

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant and pretty Karen, love the little rows of pearls on the numbers. I didn't realise TH had an easel tab die out...cool :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.- thast so nice! The words- fantastic!
    Elborgi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen