Thursday 7 July 2011

Felt Flower Card

I tried something different with this card. I've been seeing these square cards around ... they are 4-1/4" square. The idea is that you get the fun of making a square card, but they still fit in a standard A2 sized envelope and there is no additional postage. I used to make a 4-3/4" square card as it fit perfectly in a CD envelope. But then there is an additional charge for mailing a square envelope.


 I've been able to get back into my studio for a bit this week, and I've discovered a couple of things.  One - I really like kraft card stock, and two - I still really, REALLY like foam tape. Everything I've made has had layers and layers of foam tape!



These felt flower stickers were in a package I found at Wal-Mart. I could not resist them ... tis the season for flowers!

The little label was cut using a Verve die,  and the stamp is by Hero Arts. Because the kraft card stock isn't as sturdy as I'd like, I lined the card with a smaller white card insert which makes it nice and sturdy.

The decorated panel is raised up with -- foam tape!

My studio island had become a complete mess -- piles and piles and piles of just stuff. I spent some time last week getting as much of it put away as I could, and was left with two piles. One is an 'in progress' pile - with lots of cards that need assembly or a finishing touch. The other pile is what I'm calling "Odds and Sods".  Samples of a new embossing folder,  embossed panels that didn't work for the cards I'd intended, cut down 12x12" scrapbook paper, leftover punched shapes, buttons and flowers and just STUFF from previous projects that never got used or put away. So my personal challenge until the pile is gone, is to USE these things up. While tossing them would have been the fastest option - where is the fun in that! I'll have some new cards to post shortly, using "Odds and Sods".  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen