Wednesday 29 July 2015

'Thank Ewe' Pop Up Gift Card Holder

Good morning friends

I have a fun card to share today, using a whole bunch of the new release dies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. Since it's a Pop-Up card, I kept the outside nice and simple...


Inside the card is where the fun starts.  I wanted to give my Mom's friend a gift card for gas, since she takes Mom around on lots of errands. She never minds doing it but it's always nice to know you are really appreciated, right?

One of the new releases is the Sleigh Pop-Up Gift Card Holder, so I used it here. The cool thing about the die set, is the sleigh and Pop-Up Gift Card Holder mechanism can be used independently from each other. So it will be great for Christmas and the holidays but also for ANY time you want to make a cute Gift Card Holder!!  I cut it from patterned paper that has the clouds and bird on the top edge and grass on the bottom.


Snowball the Sheep is from the new Farm 2 collection, and boy is she easy to put together. Shadow layer, detail layer, forehead pouf and eyes. Done! She comes with the cute flower die too so you can make Snowball a boy or a girl. I made both for this card. There is a spinner that cuts with the Gift Card Holder, and I chose to use it with this card. The right Snowball is attached to it - you can see that she is hidden when the card is closed, but hangs out the side when the card is opened. So clever!


The Fence Pop Stand is another die set in the new release but as you can see you can use the fence without it being a Pop Stand too! It comes with impression lines for embossing but I just quickly traced through them with a grey marker like a stencil. Then I adhered the centre post to one of the Gift Card Holder supports. I disguised the second support with the clump of grass that comes with the Fence Pop Stand, and another die cut flower.

I have a new favourite tool ... the Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Tweezers. I have never been a tweezer user with my crafting, but I received these as a gift and thought I'd give them a shot. By the time I was finished the first card using them I was hooked. They are perfect for picking up all those sticky little pieces for the Pop it Ups Character Dies, for popping out the 'confetti' when you die cut, for picking up and placing Peel-Offs, die cuts and getting the edge lifted on the back of double sided adhesive. I highly recommend them!!

I die cut the phrase using the 'thank' from the ECD Thank You die, and the letters E W E from the ECD Alpha Caps die. The blue layer is actually backing from packaging. It was too pretty not to recycle.


Here is a side view, so you can see how the Gift Card nicely fits into the slots that cut with the Sleigh Pop-Up Gift Card Holder.


Since it was being hand delivered, I packaged the card up in a cellophane envelope.

Supplies:
Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fence Pop Stand, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Snowball the Sheep, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Spiral Circle Pull Card (smaller circle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Clock and Gears (large circle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
White Velvet adhesive Sheet - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Pointed Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape, 3mm (1/8") and 64mm (2-1/2")
788 Thank You - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Alpha Caps 1 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - DCWV
Blue patterned paper - recycled packaging insert
Red card stock - Bazzill
Grey card stock - Stampin' Up
Dark grey card stock - stash
White card stock
Chalks - CraftT
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Tombow Markers
Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. wish to have such die for cards your card is so cute
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. great use of the gift card holder die on this card, love those sheep :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen