Friday 29 May 2015

Pretty Birthday Flio-It Card

Good morning friends

I'm so happy, I thought'd I would share. Before we moved my basement studio was a big room with wall to wall cupboards and long counters, AND a large walk in closet with drawers and shelves.

We moved out to the country, to a brand new bungalow and my new studio is now on the main level. Which is wonderful but storage is a huge issue, and my wood mount stamps are jumbled into plastic drawers in the garage. My clear mount stamps were stacked and stashed wherever I could find room in the new studio. Some were in DVD bins, but stacked 3 high. With other things stacked on top of them. In order to get a clear stamp set out, I had to move a box of birthday stamps, two bins of ribbons, and then weed through the 6 DVD bins to find the stamp set I wanted. Every. Single. Time.

Enter Jennifer McGuire. Bless her heart.  I have to admit to resisting the system for a long time. I was sure I would come up with something that would work better for ME, even though thousands of stampers are now using her storage system.

Well hubby doesn't like seeing all the STUFF in my studio every time he walks by, so finally asked if I needed shelves. There are two narrow closets on either side of the window and I said YES YES YES. But I also had to immediately commit to a storage system so we could decide on measurements. When I came home from errands the shelves were in. !!  He's my hero.

Still unconvinced I pulled the clear stamps that were in those bins and slid them into clear envelopes. And stood them in those photo boxes you get at Michaels. I could NOT believe how many I could fit in one box. And how easy it was to flip through and find a specific set. Truly a EUREKA moment. I can now get to every single clear stamp set. Quickly. Easily. I'm over the moon. Thank you, Jennifer McGuire. If you want to see her system, she has a great video HERE.

Onto today's share ... it's Flip-It Friday here on my blog and I have a pretty Happy Birthday Flip-It card to share.


I just adore the colours in this patterned paper. The Stampin' Up Banner punch is one of those tools I pull out again and again - and I paired the punched banners with some punched butterflies too.


The butterflies and the word YOU on the front got the glitter treatment with some Stickles.


When I was showing hubby how AMAZING it was that I could now easily get to all my clear stamps, he turned to the stamping table and said ... 'now how do we clear THIS off'. Ha! Then he was off to Ikea to pick up one more set of Alex drawers which will clear off one whole section and give me more space to work. Yup - he's my hero.

Supplies:
Fancy Edge Flip-Its - the Stamps of Life
White card stock
Patterned paper - We R Memory Keepers
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Words - Avery Elle
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. love the fishtail flags and butterflies you used to embellish this card. Also glad you have been able to start sorting your clear stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new cardcreation is wonderful
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen