Tuesday 9 September 2014

Sparkly Polka Dot Birthday Cards

Good morning friends!

They started on our kitchen cabinets yesterday, and we had not one but TWO sets of out-of-town guests. My Mother -In-Law arrived in the morning, as unimpressed at all the S*N*O*W as we are. Brrrrrr. That was our first nasty surprise yesterday.

We got some packing done, while keeping out of the contractor's way ... then we found out that 'yes, we DID have to empty all the cabinets'.  Now if the salesperson had told us that we would have been prepared but to find out on one of our busiest days? NOT AMUSED at this second surprise.

We were out until late last night, meeting the 2nd set of guests ... so it took until midnight to move everything. It wouldn't normally take that long, but I have boxes everywhere and I need the dining-room table to wrap fragile items in paper. The obvious choice was that table, so we had to get creative.

My third surprise, was that it is going to take the better part of the week. GACK.  I thought it was going to take two, maybe three days. Max.  Their flyers state they can do it in one day, with minimal disruption to your kitchen. HA!

So today I have no microwave, no dishes in my kitchen and as soon as they get here I won't even be able to get INTO my kitchen.  Sigh.  I'll be doing food-runs in the snow.  Good Times.

Today's share are Birthday Cards I made for Seniors Secret Service.  I used this cheerful polka dot paper with some sparkle, and an embossing folder for the fishtail piece.

I had three 12x12" sheets, and got three 4x6 cards from each sheet. Yes - I was able to donate NINE of these cards!!





The patterned paper was a little flimsy, so I lined the inside with a smaller folded white card and stamped the greeting on that.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - MME
Green card stock - Stampin' Up
Flag die - MFT
Happy Birthday embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Happy Birthday stamp - Fiskars
Words inside - unknown


Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having lots of fun up there! Hope you can survive your kitchen reno! Another fab card of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fresh colours
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen