Sunday 29 June 2014

Gold and Pink Hello Card

Good morning friends!

I have a Pivot Card to share today, using lots of products from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  These Pivot Dies make it SO fast and easy to create animated cards!  {The Pop it Ups Pivot dies are by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs - ask your local retailer for them - they ship world wide.}


Since gold is so IN right now, I decided to use gold Peel-Off stickers instead of the black ones I usually go for. I love the shimmer and shine they add to a card. Of course, I also added Glitter Dots.


For the inside, I used the Agatha Edge die to cut two additional patterned paper strips and added more of the gold Peel-Off borders to them. The bird Peel-Off was adhered to the same patterned paper and fussy cut.


Sometimes I find that a patterned paper isn't as sturdy as I would like for a Pivot card, so to remedy this you can cut a 1-3/4" wide strip of card stock or patterned paper and adhere it in behind one of the pivots, right against the fold line. Makes all the difference!

The Pop it Ups dies are unique in that you can choose the size of card you want to make, and where on the fold you wish to place your animation. So that 1-3/4" wide strip would be as high as your card is; for mine it is 4-1/4" high as I made an A2 sized card.


The 'hello' was cut from Shimmer Sheets, using a metal shim.




I had a strip of the patterned paper leftover &I thought I would try the ECD Silk Microfine Glitter technique on the paper. LOVED the way it turned out!!  I'm going to have to look through my stash of patterned papers for more to use with the double sided adhesive and glitter.


Here I added just a touch of shading with my Tombow markers ...


Now I have this sweet embellishment to use on a different card!


Before I sign off, I wanted to show you Karen Burniston's entire Summer 2014 Die Release:


Head on over to Karen's blog (click HERE) to see an introductory video on the latest dies. I love them all - and have trouble deciding what to play with first when I go to make a card! There is something for everyone with this release, and the fact that everything works with the previously released sets is a bonus.

Supplies used:
Card size - standard A2 (5-1/2 x 4-1/4")
Katie Label Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Agatha Edges - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Bird Peel-Off - 0414, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Border Peel-Off - 1279, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots -7018, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Shimmer Sheetz, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Hello die - 787, Elizabeth Craft Designs
White card stock
Patterned paper - American Crafts (Dear Lizzy
Warm Diamond Microfine Silk Glitter, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Double sided adhesive, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Tombow markers

Thanks for stopping by today! 




3 comments:

  1. alltime so wonderful ideas for cards
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karen, love the peel-off on the designer paper and glitter to boot ... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Card!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen