Wednesday 11 June 2014

100th Birthday card for Irene

Good morning friends!

There are some exciting things happening ... go have a look at Karen Burniston's blog today, where she will be releasing the images of the first nine of her NEW DIES through Elizabeth Craft Designs. Woot! What that means, is that her Designer Challenge Team can start to share the projects they have been working on.

I am doing an Elizabeth Craft Designs Demo tonight at Paper Pastimes in Calgary tonight, so the ladies are in for a real treat when I show them the new projects. I will have projects showing the new dies starting tomorrow.

Today I wanted to share a special Birthday card I made for Seniors Secret Service ...


I love making pop up cards for these special occasions, so I pulled out the Lucy Label Pop up and the ECD Cupcake die.


The cupcake was cut twice from black card stock, and one was glued directly on top of the other. Then, I glued the doubled up cupcake to water colour paper and coloured the cupcake with Tombow markers and the Tombow Blender pen.

I added Glitter dogs to the cupcake wrapper (they have different sizes on the same sheet!) and added Stickles to the cherry. Since I wanted a little more shimmer, I went over the sides if the icing with my Wink of Stella pen
.

Since the Banner Punch is brand new, I used it to punch out the little banners for her name, then hand lettered her name and popped the pieces up with foam tape. A little more hand lettering for the words on a narrow strip of white card stock with scissor notched ends, then that was attached to the Flag Pole that comes with the Lots of Pops die.




Supplies used:
Card size - A2
Lucy Label Pop Up - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Lots of Pops (flag pole) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Sweet Birthday Wishes - CC Designs
Cupcake die - 715 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Water colour paper
Tombow markers
Tombow Blender
Wink of Stella
Stickles
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Seam binding
Label - Prima (Sizzix)

Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Irene will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love how you did the cupcake, banners & flagpole. Hand penned perfection Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen