Sunday 30 September 2012

Freshly Made #54

There is a new sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches blog and I wanted to play along. It is such a fun sketch and I have so many ideas for it!


I made these two butterfly cards using coordinating papers. The purples look 'off' in the photos, but they match really well since they come from the same paper pack.


The iris' on the paper have glittered centers, which I could not manage to capture in the photographs.


The butterflies were cut with Spellbinders dies, and I added some flat sticker 'gems' to the bodies.



On the second card, I notched the end of the paper strip and I think I like that look the best.


There is room on the 2nd card to add a sentiment, if I think it needs one when I go to send it.

Supplies:
5 x 6.5" card base - Michaels
flat sticker 'gems' - Stampendous
Butterflies - Spellbinder Dies
Patterned paper - K&Co.
Foam Tape - Dimensionals by Stampin' UP

Thanks for stopping by today!






5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous butterfly ... lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The colors are lovely! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love all of that delicate sparkle. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! The background paper is perfect to show off the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty butterflies! They work perfectly with that gorgeous paper. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen