Tuesday 18 September 2012

Merry Monday #33 Card

I took a little time away from loom knitting a baby gift, our year end and all the other chores I am behind in - to play along with Always Playing With Paper's  Merry Monday Challenge. Here is the sketch:


I rotated the sketch to work better with the Prima Chipboard Deer embellishment:


I am not a huge fan of putting bows on my cards. Ribbons? YES - but bows? Not so much. One, I can't tie a nice bow on my own - the red one above was done with the Bow Easy. Two - they are SO bulky and don't easily go through the mail and/or require extra postage, and three - don't they get all squished in the mail?

I look at the Merry Monday's Design Team cards, and the other entries and their bows are wonderful and the cards look great. I just don't think I can pull it off, on this card for sure. So I took a picture of my card with the bow and without.


I like the one without the bow better ... what do you think?

There was a big sale at Scrappin' Great Deals last year, and I ordered a 6x6" paper stack and matching chipboard set by Prima. From the tiny thumbnail on the website, I thought it would be wonderful for making Christmas cards. Well - it's waaaaaay more funky than I thought it would be and I struggle to use it.  This chipboard deer though, appealed to me immediately.


I added a strip of the same patterned paper inside the card before I stamped the verse.


This was a fun sketch, and when you change up the center shape you can really get a lot of mileage from it!

Supplies:
Card Base - 5 x 6.5" (Michaels)
Patterned Paper and Chipboard Deer - Prima (Northwoods)
Verse Stamp and Punches - Stampin' Up
Word Stamp - Hero Arts
Ribbon - from my stash
Bling - Self Adhesive Gems from my stash (Michaels)

Thanks for stopping by today!




6 comments:

  1. Karen- this card is so nice! Wonderfulö paper, nice image! Love it!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I'm not sure I like it better with or without the bow, Karen. That beautiful deer and the paper get most of the attention. When I mail a card with a bow, I lay a scrap piece of card stock over the front of the card and carefully slide it into the envelope. I do that when I use gems too. Of course, I don't see it when it arrives, but I'm told everything looks great. I always wonder though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your card needs a bow but the solid red is attractive. I love the chipboard deer - it's gorgeous! As are the papers. Thanks for adding your card to the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    Terry (FD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Karen, with or without the bow and your bow is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I am not a big fan of bows on my cards, either, although I do occasionally use a small one. (The one on my card this week is not so hot!!!) Anyway, I like both of your cards, but I do like the "bowed" one more! We're so glad you played with the Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Karen.....with or without the pretty bow! I've always been a bow girl but lately with the Post Office getting picky about the bulk, I have been finding other ways to make a bow without the bulkiness. This card is so awesome with the cute reindeer and pretty papers are just perfect!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen