Saturday 19 November 2011

Noel Ornament Card

The new sketch is up at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog and I just had to play along. But I also had to take some artistic liberty with it:


Here is the sketch  FTL167:



So I added the sentiment INTO the circle element, which was made into a Christmas ornament shape and moved the strip up to the top of the ornament. Gotta love the flexibility of sketches!

I added packing tape to the reverse side of the cut out ornament and added Martha Stewart glitter to the front. The adhesive of the packing tape keeps the glitter attached.  A hand trimmed white card stock oval backs the ornament and I used a silver metallic pen to colour the top of the die cut. I also added 2 silver dots to the paper strip to represent the buttons on the sketch.


The ornament and words are by Tim Holtz, and the little paper strip is from a Martha Stewart package I've had for ages. I ran it through a Stampin' Up embossing folder.  I'm not sure who makes the green patterned paper but I will update this post the next time I haul the paper stack down from the shelf.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. I have my eye on this sketch too Karen and yours is a great interpretation. I like the way you have the bauble hanging from the 'sentiment' bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Karen, great way you've changed the sketch slightly :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen