Friday 4 November 2011

Christmas Cards - November 2011

I have my 5 November Christmas cards finished for the Christmas Card Challenge at Splitcoast:


This first card started out as just a "lets try the new stamp" - I picked up the (Penny Black) stamp this week and wanted to try it out. The panel of (Brenda Walton) paper was sitting by my stamping area and I decided I really liked the look of the brown inked image! So - I added the words (Northwoods), a little glitter glue and mounted the paper onto a folded white card. 


Next up are these two cards. I ran the front of a white folded card through my Big Shot with this Sizzix embossing folder, but it embossed really deep and I didn't like it on the card itself. So I ran smaller panels through with the folder, and decided to mount them on folded green cards.

The cards were cut down from a 12x12" sheet of green card stock. I cut it down to 8-1/2 x 11", then cut that piece in half to give me two A2 cards.  I love the look of the rainbow green ink pad for the word stamp (Hero Arts).

This photo gives you a better look at the embossing folder.

Once I finished those two cards, I was left with a 12 x 3 1/2" strip of green cardstock. And my new stamp.  :-)


I added some glitter glue, tore the bottom edges and popped them up on the folded A2 card with foam tape. I used an old Stampin' Up green ink pad (forest green, I think - it's very dark) to stamp the image onto the green card stock.

I'm going to love using this image and plan to make several more Christmas cards with it. AFTER the Craft Sale.  :-)  I think it would make a good masculine birthday card, for someone who has a winter birthday.

Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. I so love that stamp Karen, what a beautiful wintery scene :) You've inadvertently made another card that would fit in with this weeks Less is More challenge too!
    The green version looks like the view through night vision binoculars!! So cool :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Karen! These are all jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen