Tuesday 8 November 2011

Holly Christmas Cards

I managed to make another couple of cards using the sketch (FTL165) at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog.


The paper strip was leftover from wrapping some mini chocolates for one of the Craft Sale projects, and was 12" long. Perfect for making two A2 cards!  I did cluster the three elements from the sketch together though, as they looked scattered to me otherwise.  The Holly is from a wonderful Sizzix die, I cut the holly leaf twice and added some sparkle with a Sakura gel pen. The circle is a 1" punch from Stampin' Up.

This is not the sentiment I wanted to use.  I WANTED to use my 'go to' Merry Christmas stamp. But I can't. And unless I find another one for sale somewhere, I won't ever be able to use it again.



What happened? I have one word for you. 

Jasper.

I actually used three words:   !@#!@#$!& Jasper. 

My favourite Christmas stamp! He came into my studio with a bone, and left chewing what I thought was the bone. Nope - he traded me. Left ME the bone, and took my stamp instead. See where he peeled off the rubber?

Yes, he ate it.

Yes, it appeared again - in the dog run the next day. Where I gathered it all up in a poo bag and tossed it in the garbage. And said again  !@#!@#$!& Jasper. I couldn't help myself.


This sentiment is by Hero Arts and I used a green rainbow ink pad to stamp it. Not the greeting I wanted, but it will have to do and I think the card turned out all right! 

And I've stopped swearing at that dog.

Until the next time.

And we all know there will be a next time!


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen