Friday 22 August 2014

Masculine Spiral Circle Pull Card

Good morning friends!

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and I have a Z-fold flip card to share today. I used Karen Burniston's Spiral Circle Pull Card (SCPC) to make a masculine Birthday card for our nephew.  I LOVE this die … I hope you checked out Karen Burniston's Wednesday post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog to see her video using this die. It's SO versatile!


In the pictures above and below, the card is in the closed position. There are little notches that hold the card closed until the recipient pulls the sides to open it. Such a cool feature! The men's shirt and tie is a Peel-Off that I attached to water colour paper then LIGHTLY coloured with water colour pencils. I wanted more of a hint of colour than full strength. Then I fussy cut it out and popped it up on the centre circle.


Here is the card pulled open.  I used the little beer mugs that came on the same sheet of Peel-Off's. The 'froth' has Glossy Accents, and when that was dry I fussy cut the mugs out to attach to the spiral. I added some gears from the 'Clock and Gears' die set to decorate the flip-side of the circle.



When I first saw the picture of this die Karen B sent the Designer Challenge Team, I thought - well, snowflakes and butterflies would look good. But now I keep finding all kinds of things that work great on the spiral! I mean, if Beer Mugs will work - the sky's the limit! (Yes, I've already done one with clouds). Wink.




Card size:  4-1/2 x 6
Supplies used:
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card, Pop it Up's - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
915 Lorna Label Pop Up (Speech Balloon), Pop it Up's - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
917 Clock and Gears, Pop it Up's - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
913 Mens Assorted Peel-Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Water Colour Paper
Water Colour Pencils
Patterned Paper - Recollections
Black Sharpie
Glossy Accents

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card for a male, love the beer mugs on the spiral

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen