Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lorna Label Dinosaur Card

Good morning friends!

I have a dinosaur birthday card to share today that uses the new Lorna Label, a Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. These dies will be shipping mid-July, so be sure your local retailer has ordered them in for you!

I used the Lorna Label Pop Up on yesterday's card, but made it a double and it was heavily embellished. Today I wanted to show you it in a simpler format ... with the large label area, it's perfect for decorating!


Our Grandson is turning two this month and my parents asked me to make him a card for them to give him. I ordered this sheet of sparkly dinosaur paper and the stickers when I was visiting Arizona this Spring as Ethan LOVES dinosaurs.  I even bought him a Gund stuffed Dinosaur for his birthday! I work really hard and NOT buying the grandkids stuffies. I know how easy those things can over-run a house, but Ethan is turning two and he is gonna LOVE his new soft friend.

These stickers are shiny and sparkly and 3-d. Totally cool.  They work SO well on the new Lorna Label, which has lots of 'real estate' for decorating and then the perfect step platform below the label. I mounted the stamped and fussy cut words onto that panel.





Once again I used the Grass die from the new Outdoor Edges (also in the Summer 2014 Release).



Ethan doesn't have a lot of words yet, but RAWR is one of the ones he DOES have. How funny is that!  He is going to love this card, and I can picture him running around with it showing all the family and sayng RAWR. Can't wait!

Supplies used:
Card size: 4-1/2 x 6
**Lorna Label Pop Up - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
**Outdoor Edges (Grass die) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
3-d Dinosaur stickers - The Paper House
Green patterned paper - Crate Paper
Blue and Yellow textured card stock - DCWV
Dino patterned paper - Craft N Creation
Birthday words - Fiskars

** Shipping mid July 2014


Thanks for stopping by today!




2 comments:

  1. nice card- that says my grandson and me!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little boy doesn't love dinosaurs, this card is a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen