Thursday 17 July 2014

A Different Style of Stand-Up (or Easel) Card

Good morning friends!

It's my day to post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog, and since I was having so much fun making these Stand-Up (or Easel) cards, I made one for the ECD blog and one for mine. This one was the prototype, and I kept it nice and simple.


I love that Stand-Up cards fold flat and fit in a standard envelope, but then stand up for display. Elizabeth Craft Designs has new Stand-Up helpers which include some with WORDS. How fun! I used the 'Best Wishes' Stand-Up Helper for this card, and the 'Hello' for the card on the ECD blog.


I first saw this style of Stand-Up helper on the web, by Julie Davison at Julie's Stamping Spot.


The paper stack I used for this card had a sheet of printed jars. I fussy cut one for the embellishment, then cut the lid off a second one to pop up with foam tape.  The die cut hearts have Glossy Accents on them for some shimmer & shine.



I didn't write inside this card, so I can add it to my stash and put the appropriate greeting inside when I go to mail the card.


I hope you will join me on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog to see the other Jar Stand-Up Card and see how easy these are to make using any of the Stand-Up Helper dies!

Supplies used:
Card size:  Standard A2 (5-1/2 x 4-1/4")
Patterned paper - American Crafts  (Dear Lizzy)
934 Best Wishes Stand Up Helper
726 Balloons (small heart die)
763 Tags
Bakers Twine
Word Stamp - CC Designs
Glossy Accents
Foam tape

Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen