Tuesday 25 October 2011

A Sketch Card or Two (or Three or ... )

This is the new sketch that is on the 'Clean And Simple Stamping Blog' ... and I think it's just FABULOUS!


I have so many ideas!  Immediately I wanted to use my Stampin' Up pennant punch and stamp set:


The trees were punched out of patterned paper while the tree stand and stars were stamped right on the white panel with  glitter glue added for some sparkle and shine.  The 'Happy Holidays' is also a Stampin' Up image.


Next, I did more tree cards but this time I used a Sizzix die. I like the size of these much better for the sketch.


The trees were die cut out of green card stock, stamped with polka dots and I used a brown Copic marker to colour the trunks brown. While it's hard to see in the photo - there are 3 little glitter glue dots above the trees.

These next 2 cards are my favourite out of the bunch, because the snowman die (Sizzix) is SO flippin' cute:


Seriously - is he cute or what?  I cut a bit of black scrap card stock and glued it behind each snowman so the buttons and face showed up a little better. They were cut from white glittery card stock and the arms were coloured with a Copic marker.  The Merry Christmas is by Recollections (Michaels) in their bargain bins.

I deviated a little from the sketch for this next one, but I just HAD to make another card using that snowman. And that wonderful aqua snowflake paper (Brenda Walton). I love it. LOVE it.




Doesn't that little guy just make you SMILE???

I had a little strip of the aqua paper leftover, so thought I'd try it with more die cut trees:



Finally, I used some resin snowflake embellishments from my stash for the final two cards:



What a great sketch to use with embellishments - I have more ideas than time at this point. So - that's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by.
***EDITED. As Jenny pointed out, the polka dot trees fit in with the 'Less Is More' Week 38 challenge this week. Waa hoo!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these Karen, such a fab use of the sketch. The polka dot trees would fit right in at Less is More this week too, especially as they are CAS designs :)

    http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/10/week-38.html

    Hope you join the fun :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - have you ever been busy Karen. The cards fit the sketch so well and how lucky that the polka dot trees also fit in with the LIM challenge. Just love that Brenda Walton snowflake paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All super cards Karen :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lot of fab cards...absolutely terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I love all the cards you've made using that sketch. It's so versatile isn't it? The little snownman is adorable so I'm not surprised that you used him again.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen