Saturday 29 October 2011

Floral Thank You Card

I love it when patterned paper takes center stage. I bought this paper stack (K&Co) last year when it felt like Spring would NEVER get here. I just needed to see flowers.

This is a card I sent to our SIL's parents, who hosted us in BC for a surprise party. We had SO much fun, and they made sure that I had lots to eat (I'm vegetarian). With everything else they had to worry about, I thought that gesture was very kind.

"M" is a gardener, and I knew she would love a card with flowers on it. I dressed up the paper panels with a die cut label (Spellbinders) stamped with Verve words and a couple of due cut butterflies (Stampin' Up).

I believe there is a Martha Stewart punched butterfly in the mix as well as some gems from my stash.

This is a 5x7 card and the base is a pretty pale green astroparche from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, wow I have some catching up to do! The paper you used on this card is beautiful, it has a real fall theme in the colours. I so rarely use PP in my cards but then I don't choose great patterns!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen