Saturday 3 September 2011

Love Birds Card (and hike pictures)

It's been a busy couple of days ... we had overnight guests Thursday night, and Friday morning they went with Gregg up to Sunshine Meadows for a hike. It was quite a cold day, especially in the higher elevations. They got rained on, hailed on, and snowed on.  But they still thought it was GORGEOUS, with all the flowers in the meadows blooming. Here are photos of the three lakes up there ... you can see how high up they were, and the snow on the ground.  (The bottom photo has 2 lakes in it)



I don't have anything new to share, so will share a card I made a few weeks ago.  I found the stamp in the $1.50 bin at Michaels and thought it would make a sweet Anniversary card.

I Cricut cut the mat & shadow using the 'Elegant Edges' cartridge. I hand cut scraps of the green print patterned paper to attach behind the white mat and show through the little vine cut out.

The gems were attached with my iRock, and I tied the patterned paper mat with Stampin' Up's (fabulous) seam binding in Pear Pizzazz.  LOVE that colour.

The birds were coloured with Copic markers, and the matted panel was popped up with foam tape.


That pair of guests left Friday afternoon, and the next group rolled in that night. And they brought our little granddaughter!  :-)   We got to babysit today while they attended a wedding at the Silvertip Golf course.  !! 

Everyone is gone now, but our son just called and they will be coming to visit tomorrow.   I doubt I'll get to post again now until Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful landscape- so quite! Love your card too
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such beautiful scenery...I have to say I'm a touch envious of you having terrain like that within hiking distance :)
    Gorgeous card and a darling stamp too..what a bargain :)
    Sounds like a busy house with guests coming and going
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen