Saturday 10 September 2011

FTL 157 Pumpkin Card

I can't believe that I was able to participate in a challenge this week, but I saw the new sketch at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog and knew exactly what I wanted to do. It was the strangest thing, since I'm not even really thinking about Halloween.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


I trimmed 1/2" from the right side of a folded black card, and attached a 3/4" green patterned paper strip to the inside of the card. It shows through to the front, and counts as the paper strip on the sketch.

The pumpkin is a Sizzix die, cut from a scrap of patterned paper (Crate Paper) and mounted onto a strip of confetti white card stock after inking the edges. The green patterned paper (K&Co) and the purple (it looks blue in the photo - sorry) were also in my scrap bin. While it doesn't show up in this web photo, the purple strip was textured with the Stampin' Up textile embossing folder. I trimmed the green strips with scalloped scissors.



I outlined the black card stock face pieces with a Sakura glitter pen for a touch of shimmer.  The pumpkin is popped up with foam tape, and so is the decorated strip.










The confetti white rectangle was sponged with orange ink, and also the Happy Halloween stamp (Michaels). Then I tapped a black ink pad on the stamp and stamped it on the white panel.  It was tucked under the green paper strip before the green strip was attached.

What a FUN sketch. I also want to do a Christmas one, using a green card & the Stampin' Up pennant punch and stamp set to make a Christmas Tree on the front strip. That one I will add a sentiment to.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. awesome card Karen, love the paper you used for the pumpkin:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen