Tuesday 9 July 2013

Cheerful Butterflies

(EDITED to remind you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS and scrolling down to the 'S' section)

I finally had a chance to play with the Sizzix Flip-It Butterfly Die Insert. I wasn't feeling well most of last week, and the first one I tried just frustrated me so I left it until I was able to think better. This insert and the fancy square base are from Karen Burniston's newest Sizzix collection.

 Karen Burniston is a brilliant  paper engineer and (now that I have it figured out) I love the way the butterfly is the front embellishment then flips to the inside when the card is opened.


I added words (Verved) stamped in green on the front and inside, and some flat sticker 'gems' to the layered butterflies.


See how pretty this is when the card is opened?  I'm still not crazy about the opening formed by the cutaway butterflies, but that just gives me a chance to get creative with it.  For now, I'm doing as suggested by others and covering the opening with a coordinating piece of paper. You just have to be careful that it only extends to the center of the large butterfly or the whole mechanism doesn't' work.


 You know how much I love butterflies! And Sizzix dies. Combine them and I am one happy camper.  :-)))


I hope you enjoy this cheerful summery card as much as I did making it.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This card is so fantastic! Never before I saw this die!

    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen