Sunday 7 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, and - while hubby and I won't be able to celebrate with our family this year, we will sure be thinking of them.

This is the Thanksgiving card I made for my parents:


This is one of those cards that I made last year to have to send this Thanksgiving, so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.  I know that sweet scarecrow was Cricut cut using a file from SVG Cuts - a fabulous company that I used to deal with a lot.  It was from the Harvest Hill Farm SVG Collection.

Then the 'nice lawyers' at Provocraft decided that the only SVG files that could be cut with a Cricut would be theirs, and they took several companies to court over it.  So now, in order to cut any of my non- Cricut SVG files I have to buy a different machine.  (As soon as I get some room in the studio - I'll do just that, and I haven't purchased a single new Cricut cartridge since then.) Really, was there a good reason why everyone just couldn't play nice with each other? The 'big guys' had to make even MORE money and wanted the 'little guys' share? Bah.

Anyhow ..... I created a little scene for the scarecrow by sponging onto a white textured panel and inking the edges. A texture stamp was added here and there as well. To create the moon, I simply punched a circle out of white scrap paper and discarded the punched piece.  I laid the paper scrap over my panel, and when I had the cut-out circle where I wanted it, I sponged yellow ink through the hole.  When you remove this scrap paper mask, you have a yellow circle - or, moon!

I added some pen stitching, inking, a small paper flower and brad, and used an embossing folder on the body itself. This little guy is so cute - he made me smile every time I looked at him!

The scarecrow was mounted with foam tape onto the scene panel, which was mounted with foam tape onto a patterned paper panel - then onto the A2 card base.

To my family, friends and fellow Canadians who are having their Thanksgiving Dinner today - ENJOY! 

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen