Thursday 18 October 2012

Gift Tags!

I have a new obsession - making gift tags!

Up until recently, I have put little or no effort into gift tags. Lately though, I have stepped it up a little for wedding and shower gifts ... and I did make some nice large tags for many of our Christmas gifts last year.

Costco usually has a big box of fabulous Christmas tags, and I would look at them thinking I would never put that much effort into making a gift tag.  Some years I even bought the box of tags and used them on our gifts thinking how flippin' CUTE they are, but still not wanting to make any of my own.

I had a bit of a Epiphany last week though - I mean, everyone looks at the gift tag on a gift. Always! It started when I made the gingerbread men cards (see THIS post). I was holding onto one of those patterned paper gingerbread men, thinking they would make really cute ornaments or tags. Something clicked in my brain and ... well ... I made Sue some tags for her November 1st mailing.

Then I made a couple of Christmas tags. And a couple more. And a couple more after that and now I'm hooked! I have more than enough Christmas stickers and embellishments in my stash to make dozens and dozens (and dozens!) of Christmas tags. They can be as layered and as bulky as I want - I can use brads, buttons, ribbon - I'm having a blast!  Of course, I'm making some simple ones too as there is room for all kinds and styles of Christmas tags.


The tags above were made with the (retired) Embosslit die from Stampin' Up I love that the word MERRY is raised.  :-)  I used a scalloped Spellbinders die for the red card stock mat layer, embossing the largest one with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  To/From is hand written on the back side.

Before I had the Tim Holtz Rosette die, I tried making my own rosette with a scoreboard and some Christmas paper. It turned out larger than I anticipated, so I put it aside. When I finally got the rosette die, I made one and layered onto the large rosette with a sparkly ric-rack trim and a 3-d K&Co sticker.


It made a beautiful, large rosette tag!  I added a punched label on the back with a handwritten 'to/from'.  (Sorry for the blurry picture below - it's SO pretty in real life!)


In addition to giving my fabulous dental hygenist a few Christmas cards, I thought I'd include a couple of Christmas tags as well.


I used the middle size tag from the scalloped tag die (Sizzix), cutting three cream tags for the front and 3 kraft tags for the back.  I scored a line on the kraft tag (see picture below), added adhesive ABOVE the score line and attached the tags together.



The 'to/from' is handwritten inside.  Now I have to find a cute way to package the cards and tags!

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. love your christmas things
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are darling! I love the beautiful little assortment you've created. ;-) Those will come in handy, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen