Saturday 4 August 2012

Mom's 80th Birthday Card

My Mom turned 80  yesterday and we had a party here for her.  Her gift was - are you ready? - EIGHTY cards.  Yes indeed.  I packaged them in groups of ten ... 10 Christmas cards, 10 Get Well cards, 10 sympathy cards etc etc.  :-)

Since it was her 80th, I wanted to make an extra special birthday card:


The card is large (5x7) and bulky because of all the layers & embellishments.  But it still fit in the envelope and didn't need to go through the mail so I was free to 'pile it on'.  The flower was made with Tim Holtz and Sizzix dies, with a fancy brad and a little glitter for good measure.


The embossed layer was cut out of the same card stock, trimmed and popped up with foam tape. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the edges of the lacy banner, and the number dies and words are by Papertrey Ink. The butterfly is rub-on.


There are layers inside as well ... the label was cut with a My Favourite Things label, stamped with a PTI word stamp and a butterfly rub-on.


I had some decorated chocolates here, as well as a few little goodies in her birthday package. All to be shared another day. Right now, I have balloons, banners, streamers and paper lanterns to take down.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. think your mom will love this nice card
    Hello from Elam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen