Monday 27 August 2012

Card for the Freshly Made Sketch 49

Good morning everyone!  We had company this weekend, and I just couldn't break myself away to sit at the computer and update my blog.  So today I'm uploading the card I made to upload on Friday.

I had wanted to play with sketch #49 at the Freshly Made Sketch Blog - but this card fought me every step of the way. I finally decided to cut my losses, call it done and move on.  Now I see that some of the photos are blurry too! Sheesh.


Since this card would be going through the mail, I decided not to do a square card and instead went with a 5x7 creamy card base.  I die cut (Sizzix) several different leaves to layer onto the strip but they looked too crowded so I culled them down to three. The strip originally had a cream base matted with the burnt orange - but I couldn't get it to look good so finally just turned it over and went with the burnt orange strip. I should have known then that this card was not going to work out well.


The leaves were layered with foam tape (patterned paper over card stock) and I added some glitter glue for pizzazz.  

There was this leaf just sitting there so I broke away from the sketch and popped it up above the sentiment with foam tape. It sort of blends into the patterned paper background, which is what I wanted. I didn't glitter this one.


Finally, I added a white panel to the card inside (since the card bases are somewhat flimsy) and added a leftover card stock leaf die cut to the inside. I will add a verse closer to Thanksgiving and when I know who I'm sending this one too.  


 In browsing around my favourite challenge blogs today, I see that two of my cards last week were chosen for special mention. Waa Hoo!  After the struggles and my lukewarm feelings  towards today's share, this news came at a great time. 

Lisa, on the Design Team at the Dynamic Duo's blog - chose THIS card for an honourable mention.




and Bonnie on the Design Team for Merry Monday's chose THIS one.  Thanks so much, ladies!!!!




It's always such a great feeling when a card you make for someone makes them happy. But to have your cards chosen by your peers - that REALLY makes my day. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.




3 comments:

  1. all 3 are wonderful1

    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think your card for today is lovely (and we are our own worst critics)! The texture is so pretty. Congrats on the other two cards...definitely wonderful! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is perfectly lovely! The die cut leaves with their sparkly glitter glue are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen