Thursday 23 August 2012

Hannah's Gift Wrapping & Card

Yesterday I shared the birthday card I made for my parents to give Hannah, our son's long-time girlfriend. Today I have the card I made for her from us, as well as a peek at the decorating I did for her gifts.


Hannah loves riding horses, so knew I wanted to make her a horsey card.  :-)   The horse (Southwest Stamps) and the words (PSX) were stamped on vellum.


The background (Judi-Kins) was stamped on the card base and envelope. The black layer is crumpled tissue paper, and the vellum was attached just in the center with vellum tape. When it is burnished in really well it really does become invisible!


I attached a piece of patterned paper to a white gift bag.  The flower was cut out of coordinating papers and the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. I added the flower to the center of the Stampin' Up large die, which was cut out of white card stock. It looks SO pretty in real life!


I used another piece of patterned paper to create a "2 4 6 8" box.  (You score your 8-1/2" piece of paper or card stock at 2", 4", 6", and 8".  You can find full directions on the Splitcoast Stampers Resource Forum).

A Stampin' Up die cut was folded in half and attached to the front and back of the little box (after the gift was added) and then I made another paper flower to decorate this topper. I went with flowers, since a whole horsey style giftwrap would have felt too masculine.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Karen thats so nice gift! think she will like it!
    Hello
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, Karen. I'm guessing that Hannah will love it. My BFF has a daughter named Hannah who is also a horse-riding, horse-loving girl.
    Great job!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen