Monday 19 December 2011

Bird and Trees Christmas Cards


I have a two nearly identical cards to share today ... one is a 5-1/4" square card and one is an A2 size. I love this birch tree stamp, and want to use it more often in the New Year. The bird is a chubby little sparrow, and I turned into a cardinal with the help of a very fine point red Sharpie marker.  I held my breath when I was using it, in case I messed up the card but it worked out the way I wanted it to!


I used a hand cut stencil, a cosmetic sponge, and dye ink to sponge the clouds on the white center piece, then overstamped  it with the birch image and brown ink. Finally, the bird in red and some glitter glue for seasonal sparkle.

I embossed a strip of card stock with an embossing folder, and added it to the card base before popping up the stamped image with foam tape.



Supplies: Card Stock - {Baja Breeze} Stampin' Up, red & white from Office Depot. 
Stickles Glitter Glue
Stamps - Impress
Memory Box and Stampin' Up Ink
Sizzix and ?? embossing folders
Foam tape

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. thats great! the treestamp is it from Stamps - Impress?

    Have a nice day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning.So pretty and love your cardinal.Merry Christmas Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful Karen - I love the tree image and the pop of red of the bird. Happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty colour combo for Christmas and such a gorgeous card!
    Just want to wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year Karen :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen