Tuesday 13 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #9

I don't know what happened to yesterday. I finished my Tag #9 in plenty of time to share on my blog - but I had almost NO computer time. No downtime, actually - I was busy all day. The good news is that I got our Christmas letter written, printed off, and about 50 of my hand made cards written/addressed/stuffed. I also got another dozen or so ready to hand deliver, so it was a productive day for sure. And SUCH a relief to see them all slide into the mail slot at the post office.

Usually my cards are in the mail on December first, so this has really been weighing on me. To celebrate, I finished Tag #10 and Tag #11 last night too!  Below is my Tag #9:


Here is Tim's, and you can also see it HERE:


I liked his 'double embossed' background, and knew I had the perfect background paper in a MME Christmas paper stack. Already embossed and sparkly.  :-)  I really like how he did his candle - he used his Halloween spooky candelabra and trimmed off the 2 side candles to make a single candlestick. Brilliant. And I love how he clustered his Festive Greenery around the base to make it even more festive. 


I don't have any of Tim's Halloween dies, so I got out my Bird and Birdcage and used the bird /wing only. I love this die set and haven't used it in awhile. All the papers are from MME, and I used Tim's Festive Greenery die for the clusters. Everything was inked and Distress Stickles added. I used a Sizzix die to cut the Primitive Star, ran it through my crimper, smeared it with Distress Stickles (Rock Candy), then wrapped it with some silver crimped wire. I wrapped the same wire around the birds neck, added Distress Stickles to the wing, and a pearl for her eye. The pearl was coloured with a Copic marker to make it blend in better.


Three tiny jingle bells were strung on silver wire and I threaded Stampin' Up lace and narrow ribbon through the tag hole. I knew just what I wanted to do, so this tag came together very easily.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. so wonderful! Think I'll try to buy some paper pieces of punch and male next year alos some Tags!
    Love yours
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love how you used the bird. This is the one of mine that closest resembles T!m's. i try not to be a sheep though and go different ways so there are a few lil differences in there :) I keep looking at the bird and thinking I won't use it so haven't bought it yet.... Think I am getting closer though lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen