Sunday 22 February 2015

Cupcake Birthday Pull Card

Good morning friends

Something about this stack of patterned paper makes me want to make Birthday Cards with it. Since we have several Birthday's in May, I thought I'd work ahead and create one of those Birthday Cards.

I made this card when we were visiting Arizona last month, and I couldn't bring many supplies with me in my carry-on. I DID bring several of Karen Burniston's Pop it Ups dies - the Rectangle Pull Card was one of them.

Before I adhered the centre rectangle to the card, I added a strip of wash tape towards the bottom. The little cupcake was stamped 3x on different patterned papers in the stack, then paper pieced together to form one image. I added some shading with pencil crayons, and some glitter glue to the dots and heart on the cupcake.



The little notch that cuts with the Rectangle Pull Card keeps it closed until the recipient pulls the sides. This is the card on the inside:


I bought a new Birthday stamp set, as I make a LOT of Birthday Cards. I paper pieced the 'CELEBRATE' banner, and added some washi tape and more glitter.


I couldn't resist adding the little 'ice cream' stamp on the right side of the card, so it got the glitter treatment also.


I think this is just a fun and happy Birthday Card, and I know the gal I made it for will like it too.

Supplies:
974 Rectangle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
972 Accordion Rectangle Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
White card stock
Patterned paper - DCWV
Washi Tape
Word Stamp - Stampin' Up
Cupcake stamp - Michaels
Pencil Crayons
Gamsol and blending stump
Stickles
Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. pretty birthday card, you can never have too many birthday cards in your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen