Monday 6 February 2012

Skunk Valentine

This is the card I made for my my hubby for Valentine's Day.


I'm very pleased with it, mostly because I didn't think I'd have time to make him one this year. This paper stack was next to the black and white one I've been working with for the wedding items, so I had a quick peek through it and this skunk paper jumped out at me. Now that I have such wonderful square envelopes to work with, I'm seeing my papers with fresh eyes.


It's a 5.25" square card, and I cut the red patterned paper at 5". The metallic heart was attached with my iRock tool, then I tied a black satin ribbon around the top edge.  The ribbon was out because of wedding items or I might not have thought of it!

The whole thing was attached with thick foam tape to the card.  Below is a peek at the inside, using a stamp from Gina K. I thought it worked well with the skunk image having open arms.




I used my SU heart punch again, and punched a scrap of the off-cuts to pop up inside.

It was a fun card to make, and "just what the Dr. ordered".  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. fantastic- the words so great
    hello from elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabulous skunk Karen! My OH would go mad if I gave him a card tied up with a satin bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's just fabulous, I think I have that stack too...never think to use them as cards.
    The only time I'd see a skunk and satin bow together! Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen